Saturday 26 March 2011

FML The Memories No6

Easter 2008

Busy playing the game in pre release beta GW6.

The game was fresh to me and alot of other managers and I was spending a huge amount of time online the forums were constantly alive with ideas, suggestions and bugs.

There was a real sense of being involved in at ground level in helping shape a future gaming classic.

I remember thinking I was going to be off work for the whole weekend and FML was going to get a right royal hammering.

The weather was amazing hot for that time of year then all of a sudden on the Saturday I think it was the game went BANG offline.

As far as I recall the cooling system had broken at Sega where the servers were and this had caused a massive issue resulting in downtime for the whole weekend. Whilst service engineers were called out easter.

The forums became alive with people moaning like hell!!!

I rememeber thinking about a week after the game had come back up, people were really passionate about FML and they were onto a winner here.

Easter 2008 RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment