Sunday 3 April 2011

FML The Memories No5

There was a time that I used to love this game so much that I would find myself waking up in the middle of the night and logging on to see if I had won an auction!
I also used to find myself logging on first thing in the morning checking what had happenned since I went to bed.

I used to live and breathe FML, I remember back in Le Tissier I was tormented by that pesky little git Pato.

I used to hate him, He would terrorise my defence, He was like a ghost he would just run past defenders as if they couldnt even see him just a splipstream where he had been.

Anyway getting to the point.... FML Memory No 5 is when the Mrs woke me up one night and asked

"Who is Pato and why do you want him to die"

Apparently I had been threatening to kill him in my sleep!!!

Thats the kind of intensity and pleasure you can get from FML, it can cause you to dreaming of being a murderer!

7 comments:

  1. Although I haven't threatened to kill people in my sleep- or, more to the point, threatened to kill pixels- this is so true.

    Waking early to see auctions, being late to leave the house for work to see one, going to bed late etc..... even waiting up ONLY to see where I was in the rankings :P (Didn't we all used to do that!?!)

    Knowing that if SI/Sega would just push the boat out on marketing & new users felt even a quarter of that addiction, the game would be as full as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten the waiting till midnight for the ranking change, another stupid removal from people who dont play the game.

    The people that decided to remove that obviously werent on in the build up to the new ranking at midnight people loved it.

    Much like changing the academy grads all coming on the same day I preferred it the old way where people would just appear. I understand Si changing it because they had loads of tickets about if they had received there grads or not.

    The answer was not to dumb it down but change it so the system was self educating ie a tab on your academy saying how many more you were due before the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a rankoholic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another reason not to log in anymore. Where has the fun gone ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Martin... Thanks for the comment. I'm new to this... How do I change the RSS Feed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate Pato and Balotelli....
    My missus hated them too, and AFC Bomba every month he pipped me to the title in hoddle and every month it made me sad.

    dont get like that any more. Dont know if its just the game or if the thirst for winning goes after 2 year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was a rankaholic, not anymore. Now I'm an alcoholic. Thanks FML, I'm back on the bottle :P

    ReplyDelete